#Teacher's Day #MyGuru. There is no doubt about the fact that our teachers have shaped us in more ways than we can imagine - from our personalities to our ambitions, they have played a role in everything. But life often sends us teachers in so many forms and the lessons we learn from them are precious. One such teacher came into my life about 4-and-half years ago - my daughter. And the lessons that I have learnt from her and continue to keep learning are very precious.
1. Life can be cruel and harsh but it is up to you to chin up and decide to live - As a barely out-of-the-womb baby she has literally battled death and decided to live. If that isn't a lesson for me grappling with mundane everyday issues, I don't know what is.
2. Sometimes, all you need is a hug - And I get plenty of those! When I am suffering from a bad bout of self-doubt/PMS, or am just plain tired.
3. Maturity does not come with age - A person is a person no matter how small, to quote Dr Seuss. And the perspectives that my little person offers me simply blow me away.
4. It doesn't take much to enjoy life - Even if it is a splash in a make-shift pool, it doesn't make the joy of splashing any less.
5. It doesn't harm to sleep just a little bit longer - I think I just made this one up because it works for me 😀. Tell me who your guru is and what you have learnt from them?