• • • • • •
How to Raise a Happy, Successful Child: 25 Tips Backed by Science
Every parent wants to raise children who are happy and successful.
But there is so much parenting advice out there.
Who should you listen to?
Which advice is trustworthy?
To answer those questions, I read through dozens of scientific articles and research journals.
I’ve compiled this list of 25 scientific ways to bring up confident and well-adjusted children.
1. Become a happier person yourself
2. Celebrate as a family, as often as you can.
3. Prioritize your marriage over your children
4. When your children talk to you, give them your undivided attention.
5. Have regular meals together as a family.
6. Teach your children to manage their emotions.
7. Teach your children to build meaningful relationships.
8. Set reasonable boundaries for your children.
9. Ensure that your children get enough sleep.
10. Focus on the process, not the end result.
11. Give your children more time to play.
12. Reduce your children’s TV time.
13. Encourage your children to keep a gratitude journal.
14. Allow your children to make their own choices (including choosing their own punishment). 15. Resolve the conflicts in your marriage.
16. Encourage your children to serve others and be generous.
17. Promote a healthy body image
18. Don’t shout at your children.
19. Teach your children to forgive.
20. Teach your children to think positively.
21. Create a family mission statement.
22. Have regular family meetings.
23. Share your family history with your children.
24. Create family rituals.
25. Help your children to find a mentor. #bbcreatorsclub #mommybaby