Protein packed quinoa pulao
Quinoa - 1 cup
Chopped onions - 1
Chopped capsicum - 1 cup
Chopped mushrooms- 1 cup
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Grated ginger/garlic - as per taste
Cooking oil - 2-3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp or as per taste
Garam masala - for flavor
Water - 2 cups
Cilantro for garnishing
You can also use paneer in this recipe.
• First cook the washed quinoa separately in a saucepan or a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid has evaporated (about 15 minutes). Let it stand for 5 minutes, then check with a fork. Quinoa should be cooked properly, not looking mushy.
• Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Then add ginger and garlic and saute for few seconds. You can add 1 chopped green chilli at this time.
• Now add onion and saute till it turns golden brown
• Add all your chopped veggies. Let it cook for few minutes. Add salt so veggies will cook faster.
• Once veggies are cooked (not mushy) add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Let it sit for few minutes as all the flavors are getting mixed with your veggies so enjoy that moment also watching the veggies don't get burned ha ha
• Now add the cooked quinoa into the sauteed veggie mixture and mix it very gently.
• Add lemon juice and cilantro for garnishing. Voila!
• Enjoy it with mint chutney on the side or even with homemade cucumber raita
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is super yummy!!