Here are a few tips from my experience of celebrating birthdays that are affordable and give you envious looking photographs even on your phone camera.
1) There are a lot of decorative items available online especially on AMAZON.IN which we can't find in the ocal market in the small cities or towns. But amazon can deiver them at your doorsteps. And also a lot of time energy and money will be saved from going to market. Just keep browsing the internet for decoration items and pre- plan your theme as per affordability.
2) Select a small yet cosy place for the party, because small spaces will look very vibrant and lively in a photograph. you will need less decorative items and also it will take less time to clean up after party.
3) Pre- plan the seating arrangement for the adults depending on your guest list. You can borrow some chairs from your neighbours too.
4) If possible set up a small play area for kids with a play house or tunnel or an inflated tub with balls.
5) A photo booth if space permits or simply use the decorated place and some photo booth props for great photos. Many types of photo booth sets with 5 to 20 pieces are avaiable on amazon for 250 to 500 rs only. Just keep them gathered on a side table near the cake table for your guests to pick up and click.
6) A birthday decoration is never without ballons. So, get some ballons from the local market. And order some foil balloon sets of different shapes, numbers or even alphabets of 'happy birthday'. Confetti balloons and Ballons with printed emojis, polka dots, birthday messages will amp up the background and make it colourful and bright. Led ballons are also a very good options as they remain lit up for 3 to 5 days and keep the birthday feel up for days after the party also. These sets of balloons are priced within 200 to 500rs.
7) A background of dense foil curtains on simple walls can brighten up any space into a party area. It provides a contrast background to the images. 2 pieces of curtains (length and breadth like door curtains) costs 200 rs. I bought 2 sets means four pieces but I used 3 out of it overlapping each other which gave me a very dense and broad background for 10 to 12 people group photo.
8) Swirly hangings priced at 200 to 400 rs add depth to the images. You can Utilize the beams of your party space for hanging them .
9) Bring out those diwali lights also. Strings of led lights can lit up any space and make it look partilicious. Even you can cluster them into a wreath in a corner or put them a coloured glass bottle or simple in a glass mug, mason jar, or a glass bowl. You can hang them on the foil curtain background too. But be careful for open electric ends as it can be dangerous with kids around.
10) Colourful buntings and pom poms Select some colourful DIY papers. Just sit with your husband or kids and make them a day before the party. It will also give you some creative activity and quality time to talk. Actually i love these preparatory moments a lot. I complement it with coffee and snacks.
11) A DIY photo banner (already made a separate post about it)
12) A DIY chalk board poster- make your own doodle creative on a real chalk board and place it somewhere near the entrance. You can easily get chalk boards or chalk board rolls of any size in any local market. And I have already made a post about readymade chalkboard posters.
13) Return gifts- only return gifts can burn a whole in your pocket. But thanks to amazon. It has affordable sets of 12 pieces for return gifts like doodle sheets, plantable seed pens or pencils, design rulers, magic kaleidoscope, stationary sets, bouncing balls, fridge magnets, charchter stationer pouches, soft toy key rings, piggy banks etc. You can also go for DIY photo frames, DIY kaleidoscopes, DIY personalised handkerchiefs, chocolate pouches, DIY candles. I would suggest you to utilize your pregnancy time for making these if you are pregnant now. Because with a baby in your arms you can hardly find time for these. And toddler moms can start preparing a month prior to the party and involve the kids if possible.
My personal suggestion is that you should go for these decorations at your home itself, instead of any outside venue. So that these decorations will remain for some days at least the birthday month. You won't feel that so much energy and efforts just went away in a few hours and you have nothing back at home to remind you of the birthday.
#AAM #firstbirthday #growingupwithgovind