1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
½ cup of Almond Flour
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp of Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp of Ground Ginger or Dry Ginger Powder
A pinch of sea salt
1 cup of Shredded Carrots, packed (about 3 medium sized whole carrots)
¼ cup of chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice, like cashews or almonds
16 - 18 (large sized) Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
1 cup of Milk
¼ cup of flavorless Oil
2 tablespoon of apple cider or white Vinegar
¼ cup of Applesauce or finely grated apple
1) Heat a cup of milk for 2 minutes in the microwave and soak the pitted and roughly chopped dates in it for 1 to 2 hours. Alternatively, you can soak it overnight in cold milk, in the fridge.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 F or 180 C and line a 12 cup Muffin tin with silicone or paper liner. Reserve some of the grated carrot and chopped nuts for garnish.
3) In a large bowl sift together the Whole Wheat Flour, Almond Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon Powder, Ground Ginger and a pinch of Sea Salt.
4) Add the grated carrots to the shifted flour and mix till the carrots are coated with the flour mixture.
5) In a blender or food processor, puree the soaked dates along with the milk used for soaking. Add the oil, vinegar, applesauce or grated apples and blend again.
6) Add the date puree to the flour-carrot mix and mix gently. Overmixing can ruin the muffins, so mix till the dry ingredients are just moistened.
7) Add the chopped walnuts and fold it in.
8) Divide the batter into the prepared 12 cup muffin pan, filling up to half of the cavity. Top with the reserved carrots and nuts.
Bake at 375 F (or 180 C) for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Take them out from the pan on to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
Pic Source: Google
#babynutrition #snackrecipes #tiffinrecipes #instantrecipes
to open in App