Finger millet (ragi) flour 1 cup
Rice flour 1/2 cup
Split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal) flour 1/4 cup
Yogurt 1 cup
Dried red chillies seeded 2
Coriander seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil to cook
Green chuntey to serve
Large potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed 3
Oil 1 tablespoon
Split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal) 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Green chillies chopped 1
Large onion chopped 1
Asafoetida 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
1) Take finger millet flour in a bowl, add rice flour and split skinless black gram flour and mix well. Add yogurt and a little water and mix to a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
2) Put red chillies, coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds in a blender jar, add sufficient water and blend into a coarse paste.
3) Add 1 tsp of this paste to the batter and mix well. Set aside in a warm place to ferment overnight.
4) To make the potato bhaji, heat oil in a non-stick pan, add split black gram and saute till it becomes a little golden. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
5) Add curry leaf sprigs, green chillies and onion, mix and saute for 2 minutes
6) Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Add potato cubes, mashing them slightly and mix well.
7) Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes, add coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well. Take it off the heat.
8) Heat a non-stick tawa and wipe the surface of tawa with a damp muslin cloth. Pour a ladle full of batter, spread evenly and drizzle a little oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
9) Spread potato bhaji evenly and fold in half. Place it on a serving plate.
11) Make more dosas similarly and serve hot with chutney.
#babynutrition #snackrecipes #tiffinrecipes #instantrecipes
to open in App