Whole green gram (sabut moong) soaked for 4 hours and drained 1 cup
Split skinless green gram (dhuli urad dal) soaked for 4 hours and drained 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Ginger-green chilli paste 1 1/2 tablespoons
Oil to grease
Sambhar to serve
Coconut chutney to serve
1) Put the green gram in a blender jar, add a little water and blend to a paste. Transfer into a mixing bowl. Add split black gram and a little more water in the same blender jar and grind to a smooth paste. Transfer into the same mixing bowl.
2) Add salt and ginger-green chilli paste and mix well. Set the bowl in a warm place to ferment for 8-10 hours.
3) Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Grease the idli moulds with a little oil. Pour the batter into the moulds.
4) Keep the moulds in the steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
5) Take the moulds out of the steamer and cool slightly. Demould the idlis and arrange them on a serving plate. Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
#babynutrition #snackrecipes #tiffinrecipes #instantrecipes