Pregnancy is most beautiful thing that has happened with me... I thoroughly enjoyed my 9 months and hence would like to share my experience and some suggestions with you all.
1. During pregnancy it is not only important to have sound physical health but it is equally important to have sound and stable mental health. Try to be happy and relax throughout your pregnancy.
2. Have healthy and balanced diet. Consult your doctor and plan your diet accordingly. Try avoid eating outside food. It might get difficult at times to control your cravings but you can always cook at home whatever you wish to eat. Ensure all necessary protein, vitamins, minerals, fibres, iron etc are consumed in sufficient quantity from your meals.
3. Set your priorities. If you are working don't stress or give too much importance on work deadlines or tasks although that is equally important but not at the cost of your baby. Your baby should be your priority and hence accpet those tasks/work assignments only which are achievable at this stage and give justice to your work and personal life.
4. Read some good books that will give you more positivity. Try reading in english and in your mothertongue. I have read variaties of books such as motivational books, spiritual books, success stories in English and Marathi.
5. Keep yourself away from negativity, negative discussions, gossips, sad news, negative movies/tv serials and surround yourself with positivity.
6. Don't compare your pregnancy with others. Every woman is different, every woman's physical health is different, also there are many differentiating factors like age, food habits, physical fitness, lifestyle etc hence you cannot say if something has happened with someone, will happen with you also. Believe in yourself, have healthy diet and ignore rest.
7. Exercise will not only give you physical fitness but will make you ready for delivery. Also it will help to avoid problems like indigestion, acidity. If exercise is not possible because of body ache then walking is best option.
8. Try to engage yourself in work you love to do specifically in the last trimester as you get more tiredness just by sitting at home. Plan your day and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
To summarize, make these 9 months healthy, Happy, joyful and memorable. Enjoy each day as this phase may or may not come again in your life.
Sneha Vaidya Kulkarni