Health is wealth and when it comes to our kids, we mother's leave no stone unturned to give them the best. Kids are usually fussy eaters and it's a task to make them eat certain foods.
This khajoor bite I have made is highly nutritious and an easy one to prepare for kids and even adults who want something sugar free. Khajoor or dates are known for their nutritional value and have natural sugars. It treats anaemia effectively. Nuts are a storehouse of nutrition and khus khus in it is good for brain development.
One can store this in fridge in summers and outside in Winters in airtight container for a week even.
Ingredients (for 20-22 bites)
20-25 dates washed, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp ghee
Nuts powder (cashew, almonds, pistachios, walnuts etc)
50 g khus khus or poppy seeds
Silver foil or cling wrap
1. Dry roast khus khus in a pan on low flame while taking care that it doesn't burn.
2. In a grinder, grind the chopped dates.
3. In a pan add ghee and let it heat. Then add dates paste and chopped nuts. We need not cook it much. Just till everything gets mixed well.
4.If you want you can add elaichi powder for flavor.
5. In a plate spread roasted khus khus and when the dates mix is bit cool and you can touch it, make rolls out of it and wrap them in khus khus.
6. Pack these rolls in silver foil tightly and keep in fridge for a couple of hours.
Take out the rolls and cut them into bites and serve.