½ cup wholewheat flour
2 tbsp Raw Kerala banana powder
2 tbsp grated jaggery (adjust to taste)
¼ cup water (can add more warm water if needed)
2 pinch cardamom powder
Chopped pieces of coconut optional
Oil to fry
A pinch of cooking soda optional(avoid for babies below one year old)
1) Boil the jaggery with water to make a simple syrup.
2) Add the Raw Kerala Banana powder to the wheat flour, followed by the cardamom powder.
3) Strain the jaggery syrup before adding it to the wheat flour-banana powder mixture. Whisk well to make a smooth & thick batter. If the batter is very dry and lumpy, add 1-2 tsp of water warm. Do not make a runny batter. Rest the batter for 2 hours.
4) Just before frying, add soda & mix well. Heat oil in a wok. Then reduce the flame and drop one tablespoon of the batter into the oil. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
5) Fry on a low flame to ensure even cooking on all sides. When done, remove from oil and drain on tissue paper.
25 Dec 2019