1 cup 100% Organic Brown Rice Flakes
2 Onions , finely chopped
1 sprig of Curry leaves
2 tbsp of Peanuts
2 tbsp of Oil
¼ tsp Mustard seeds
¼ tsp Cumin seeds
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
Pinch of Asafoetida
1 tbsp Sugar ( optional)
1 tbsp scraped dry Coconut for garnishing
2-3 tbsp of Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
1 tbsp of finely chopped Coriander leaves
1 tbsp fresh Lemon juice
Salt to taste
1) Soak the brown rice flakes in water with a pinch of salt for a minute. Drain and soak the flakes again in 1 cup of clean water for 10 minutes.
2) Once the flakes soak up all the water, they'll become soft. Sprinkle salt and sugar on the soaked flakes and mix well. Keep aside.
3) Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add the cumin seeds followed by the curry leaves and green chilies. Add the peanuts and fry them for a couple of minutes.
4) Now add the onions followed by asafoetida and turmeric powder. Fry the onions until they turn translucent.
5) Add the soaked and seasoned flakes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Make sure everything is mixed together.
6) Cover the wok and let the poha cook on steam for another 1 minute on a low flame. Turn off the flame and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the poha. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves, scraped coconut and pomegranate seeds
23 Dec 2019