It is so important to develop a sleeping routine for a baby, but although it seems difficult to believe, no one is born knowing how to do it. Not at least at the corresponding hours. The routine of sleep is something that should be instilled in the little ones as they grow up so that at night, they get used to going to bed, closing their eyes and giving free rein to rest after a whole day of activities. There are different techniques to adapt the little ones to these routines.
Before taking my baby to the bed, it is important to always follow the same steps. In this way, we will create our own personal sleep routine, which will induce a state of serenity and relaxation prone so that the child falls asleep when his time comes.
Here are some tips that you should keep in mind so that your baby falls asleep easily:
• Start the evening routine in the afternoon, taking the baby for a walk to the park. I used to organize a pleasant session of games and activities at home so that he can spend quality time and also he gets tired after playing.
• Bathe the baby always at the same time, usually before giving him/ her dinner. If I talk about my baby, water and play in the aquatic environment comforts and relaxes him a lot.
• After the bath I used to give my baby small massage with cream or moisturizing oil, with caresses and slow movements and if possible with relaxing aromas such as lavender.
• I follow this same procedure every day and at the same time which has created my baby's sleep ritual
• When dressing the baby with his/her pajamas, it is important that you take time to talk to him/her in a low voice or continue to caress him/her. The idea is that all pre-sleep actions be quiet.
• It is also recommended that the baby always dines at the same time. If he/she still breastfeed or take a bottle, you can gently stroke his/her cheek while eating.
• I always dim the lights in the room or activate a projector to generate a pleasant and ideal environment for his rest.
• Instead of putting the baby in the crib immediately, I used to rock my baby in my arms and sing a lullaby without any hurry or stress. I even used to put music or relaxing sounds.
• When I notice that the baby is relaxed, it is time to wrap him up and wait quietly for him to close his eyes and fall asleep.
The best thing for the ritual to be effective is to be very clear about what kind of routine you can maintain daily when making your baby sleep. Whatever you establish, make sure it should not stress the little one. #SleepRoutine #MommyBuddingDiary #BBCreatorsClub