Hi...I m 14 weeks pregnant. My nt scan shows placenta completely covers internal os. One dr suggest thats there are 10-20% chance that it ll move up. And other dr said 80% it ll move. I am confused and what precaution should I take?

Hi Amita, in this case the placenta is covering the os, which means that you might have to deliver via c section if it doesn't move upward. There are chances that it will move up, but we can't be sure of anything. It's a natural process and we can't do anything much about it. You should avoid heavy work, to refrain from risk of any problems. I'm tagging the doctor here, she will be able to guide you better.

Hi it may or may not but most cases yes it will. Avoid intercourse, travelling, lifting heavy weights and bending too much. Incase of spotting or bleeding visit your gynecologist immediately.

Amita it will move up but I will like to see your report can you please post report here for my review

I am unable to upload the reports

Suggestions offered by doctors on BabyChakra are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by BabyChakra is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.