1. Best in class doctors to choose from
2. Very systematic with booking appointments
3. Neat and clean (nearly 5 star) environment
4. Professional staff
5. After delivery, the care and attention given was also good
1. Per consultation fee is very high. Close to Rs. 1200/- per visit.
2. In retrospect found certain tests to be unnecessary, but yet had to undergo as during this period one does not want to take any chances
3. Found them to be very pro c-section
4. Try getting a room booked in advance, else its a huge problem after delivery
5. As a hospital, they follow certain practices like putting you on an drip (i think oxytocin or a variant of the same) to accelerate the process of labour. Natural labour is difficult but when you are on a drip, it makes the process unbearable. Natural birthing centers etc let you be in labour and let the process be natural. So in case you opt for a hospital, be sure of their practices
6. Does not allow the spouse in the delivery room and you cannot touch the baby (you, your spouse or anyone since the child is put under some observation) for nearly an hour (which i found out later is the time for maximum bonding)
Overall, if one is considering hospital birth, Fortis is a good choice. Definitely do your background research on the doctor and practices of the hospital.