- We are delighted by caring and supportive attitude during post operative by Dr Priya Sundar and anesthetists Dr Shikha.
- Dr Priya Sundar is excellent with regular follow ups giving a sense of personal care to the patient. My mother felt very comfortable under her guidance. We highly recommend Dr Sundar for gyanenaec needs.
- The surgery process was handled very well by Dr Priya Sundar
Areas to improve:
- Communication between nurse staff and doctor needs to be seamless and informed. Eg: During post operative immediately after surgery (which is the most critical part of post surgery) the nurses knew that my mother's pulse rate was going down and she needed immediate attention. However, this wasn't communicated to the doctor. Doctor noticed after sometime and necessary medicines were administered. Nurse staff at post operative needs to be highly trained and experienced which is missing.
- The night of post surgery my mother was very uncomfortable due to pain and acidity. Nurse did not communicate with doctor or did not know what to do about it. The doctor administered medicines only in morning saying she could have done so if she came to know in the night before.
- Hygiene is a big issue at the hospital given the nature of patients being handled. Dustbins are not emptied even after an entire day is over, washrooms are not clean especially in twin sharing rooms exposing patient to high risk of infection.
- Quality of food for patients is of very poor quality. It is not as per needs of patient as it is being ordered in bulk and is high on spices and oil!! This is quiet unacceptable for the money that is being charged!
- The biggest blunder committed by the hospital was that catheter fixed was of small size and no one knew about it. When my mother complained of uneasiness, she was very casually told it's of a small size with no accountability what so ever. This was on fourth day post surgery when she was made to sit on a hard table for an hour with no one to attend to her to change the catheter. It's only when we raised alarm, she was sent to a cabin to lie down only to wait for one another hour before it was changed. This is highly irresponsible and causal behavior. I am not sure if anyone would have taken any responsibility had anything gone wrong during the surgery and process.
Overall I think quality of doctor who dealt with us at the hospital is very good and I highly recommend her, however hospital itself needs to fix a whole host of things. I probably won't go back for surgery or anything that needs a stay at the hospital.
to open in App