10 Apr 2016 | 3 min Read
Author | 35 Articles
Healthy eating starts early and that is one reason why even when it comes to my school going son’s tiffin, the food has to be high on nutrition. But it’s not as easy as it sounds in the age of burgers and pizzas. Hence to make the food attractive, I play around with colors, shapes and presentation. In fact, this oats sandwich looks more appealing when cut in small bite sized triangles and served with green chutney.
So one of these days when I wanted to pack something interesting for my son, oats sandwich came in handy. It’s a quick fix and doesn’t take much time to pack it in. Though, I haven’t added cheese here but a generous helping of mozzarella will just take its taste to next level. Hung curd is my personal favorite spread and I prefer it over mayonnaise and likes and that is one reason why most of my recipes have hung curd than any other spread, not to mention the benefits of curd. So here is how you can make this simple and easy Oats Sandwich which I am sure will make your tiffin happier.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
1. Heat oil and add cumin and once it starts crackling sauté garlic and onions.
2. Now add bell pepper and tomato and cook for 2-3 mins and then add oats and let it cook on slow flame in the vegetable moisture itself.
3. Add salt, cumin powder, kitchen king masala and let oats cook well with the spices.
4. Add lemon juice and tomato ketchup and give it a good mix and then keep aside.
5. In a bowl, mix hung curd, butter, black salt, black pepper, red chilli, coriander leaves, oregano seasonings for the bread spread.
6. Now remove the crust of the slices and on one spread the oats mixture, another tomato ketchup and third hung curd spread.
7. Now put the tomato ketchup slice in between the other two and make a sandwich.
8. Toast this sandwich on a girdle with little oil and then cut it diagonally in the four small triangles and pack with some fresh fruits in the tiffin.