These pancakes are a storehouse of nutrients, which the kids will love!. Almond flour pancakes paleo recipe is a must try for you.
There are many variations of pancakes and most of them can be prepared in a jiffy. Different ingredients bring variety to the usual fare. Pancakes made using the normal grain-flour are the most common but to bring novelty and an added punch of nutrition, one can make them with almond flour.
Almond flour is known to be very nutritious and has a distinct taste, no wonder that macaroons are so loved. It also serves as a great alternative to plain flour since it's high in protein, low in carbohydrates and low in sugars. Also, almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats as found in olive oil.
These pancakes are a storehouse of nutrients, which the kids will love!
1. 1/4th Cup Blanched almond flour
2. 1/4th Cup Whole wheat flour
3. 1 Egg
4. Sugar to taste
5. 1/4th Cup Water/Milk (one can adjust batter as per required pancake thickness)
6. Ground Cinnamon OR Nutmeg as per taste
7. Butter for pan-frying
8. Serving size: 3
1. Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well. Adjust the thickness of batter
2. Heat a pan with a small knob of butter and pour a little batter on it
3. Cook the pancake until golden brown and then flip, takes about 2 to 3 minutes
4. Remove from flame when ready
5. Can be served with fresh fruit compote