DIY No Mess Finger Painting Tummy Time For Kids 4 months +
I’ve sworn by tummy time for my kids. They’ve not only loved it, but I’ve also enjoyed planning those fun DIY activities which are frugal and more versatile than those expensive baby gyms and tummy time toys that are extremely short lived!
With my second one, it was more of a struggle and that’s when I found some fantastic ways to keep her on her tummy with almost no mess at all!
Why tummy time?
Doctors recommends up to 20 minutes of tummy time a day for 3 – 4 month old babies. The point of tummy time is to build strength in the neck muscles but it can also help with gas and preventing flat spots on a baby’s head.
Things that you need for DIY No Mess finger painting tummy time activity:
- Craft Paper
- Paints (homemade or shop purchased)
- Zip lock
- Sticking tape
How to do this mess free finger printing for tummy time:
1.Thick card paper/ waste cut outs from carton because they are less absorbent and will prevent the paper from getting wet and limp.
2. Put blobs of paint on the card sheet.
3. Carefully slide the sheet inside the zip-lock. This needs to be done carefully else you’ll have your own artwork before the baby gets a chance to demonstrate his tummy time skills!
4. Zip the bag shut securely. You don’t want the zip lock erupting into paint making it a mess!!
5. Then tape this to the floor or a flat surface where you can leave little one to crawl.
6. Watch the little one explore the colours, attempt to catch them, rub his hand across and more!
7. Once the baby is done and exhausted, cut the zip-lock gently and get ready to frame baby’s first artwork!!
TIP: If your baby cannot reach, you can use a pillow under their chest to support his chest and free his hands for play.
What are you waiting for? Get ready for your baby’s gorgeous artwork!
Don’t forget to share with me the pictures in the comments box below!
Image Source: mummapappabubba
Also Read - DIY Activities For Your Junior : Magic Painting, DIY Activities For Your Junior: Egg Carton flower, The day the Crayons Quit: Have a blast as you skim through the most colorful mutiny ever!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Toddler Fun
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
Read More On Baby