Ryan Murder Case: CBSE Issues Circular
CCTV cameras, police verifications and psychometric evaluation of staff mandatory.
Safety concerns in schools have been a topic of heated discussion after a 7-year-old was murdered in Gurugram while in school last week. The CBSE has issued a circular to all affiliated schools that they need to comply with compulsorily.
These are the guidelines listed in the CBSE circular:
- Get the security /safety audit done of their premises and personnel from their respective local police station and follow the security related advice for the safety of School children. This may be compiled and reported online on CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in within 2 months of receipt of this circular
- Install CCTV Cameras at all vulnerable areas/point in the School premises and ensure they are functional at all times
- They must get police verification and psychometric evaluation done for all the staff employed. Such verification and evaluation for non-teaching staff such as, bus drivers, conductors, peon and other support staff may be done very carefully and in a detailed manner
- Ensure that supporting staff is employed only from authorized agencies and proper records are maintained
- To constitute a parent-teacher-students committee to address the safety needs of the students and to take regular feedback from parents in this regard
- The access to school building by outsiders should be controlled and visitors monitored
- To provide training and development for staff to address their responsibilities to protect children from any form of abuse
- The school shall constitute separate committees for redressal of public/staff/parents/students grievances, Internal Complaints committee on sexual harassment and committees under POCSO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offence) Act, 2012 and details of the these committees along with contact details shall be displayed prominently on School Notice Board and conspicuously on the school website for information of all stakeholders
This is definitely a step in the right direction.
Let us all work towards making the country safer for our kids.
Source of banner image: financialexpress.com
Also Read - What Must You Know About Child Sexual Abuse?
Explore the entire collection of articles: News