Sweeten This Diwali With Doodh Peda Recipe
Diwali is the time to let go of concerns about an expanding waistline and just give in to temptation! Here’s tempting you with some milk peda.
You can involve the little ones too in making awesome shapes! Square and round shaped pedas are so done..
Let’s get you started.
- 1.5 litre milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk powder
- ½ pinch saffron soaked in a tsp of milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- Cookie cutters - in whatever shapes you like!
1. Put milk in a heavy bottom non-stick vessel. Bring the milk to a boil and reduce the flame to medium
2. Add ghee and start stirring the milk, every 2-3 mins to clean the sides and keep a check on the bottom
3. The milk needs to be reduced to ⅕th part of the original. This may take 50-70 mins.
4. Once the milk has thickened and is almost solid add sugar and stir well
5. Now, add milk powder and stir to avoid forming of lumps
6. Transfer the mix in a bowl and let it cool for a while
7. Once at room temperature, pop it into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours
8. Now, place a transparent sheet on a flat surface. Take some ghee and rub it on your palm
9. Take the cooled milk peda block, make a big round ball, place it on the paper and fold one half on top.
10. And flatten the mix. Get creative with the shapes. I have used heart and star shaped cutters here. You could use more!
11. Drizzle some saffron soaked in in milk and top it with nuts
Happy Diwali to you!
All Images in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also Read: Crunch, Crunch! Try These Sooji Cookies
Explore the entire collection of articles: Diwali
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.#diwali2017 #diwalirecipes #toddlerrecipes