10 Golden Rules to Have a Safe Diwali With Kids
Diwali is one of the most awaited festivals in India. Almost everyone starts preparing for it well in advance and by now we are all geared up to celebrate Diwali 2017.
But are we geared up for a safe Diwali with our kids or toddlers around us? With our tiny souls and their exploratory brains around us we need to be extra careful to ensure we have a happy and safe Diwali.
Here are a few precautions that you can take to let your child have a blasting Diwali and make sure there is no scar left for life.
1. With a toddler in house, make sure you keep no lighting diya on the floor or in close reach of children.
2. Markets are flooded with beautiful decor products, be careful while choosing your decor - do not use anything that a child might put in their mouth and choke themselves.
3. Make sure you use good quality lighting for your house to be safe from any electrical mishap as beaming lights attract children and they would want to touch them no matter how hard you try to keep them away.
4. Diwali is all about dressing up, dress up your child in cotton and comfortable clothing. With the increase of pollution in the air it gets really hot and the chemicals in the air can harm their delicate and sensitive skin. Also, synthetic clothes are far more prone to catch fire.
5. Always store the firecrackers in a safe place and out of reach of children.
6. Never leave the child unattended while bursting crackers. Always keep a first aid and a bucket of cold water handy before you start bursting crackers.
7. Make sure the kids burst crackers in designated area and away from a crowded place.
8. It's all about distributing sweets and relishing it yourself too. However, with lots of scams happening every year with sweet distributors, make sure you use homemade or good quality sweets from stores you trust.
Also balance your little one's sugar intake in their other food. Avoid giving sweets to kids in the evening to make sure the super active souls can still go to bed on time and get proper rest. Make sure they brush their teeth properly twice a day. Especially after eating all those delicious sugary treats.
9. Also use your Diwali vacations to involve them in some DIY activities. This will help you keep them busy and you can educate them about the history behind this festival. It's always a good idea to educate children with the reason and history behind the celebration or a festival, this will develop their interest and will also keep them attached to roots.
10. Last but not the least it's important to enjoy our traditions and festivals and a little bit of everything is good. But we have to raise an environmentally responsible generation. Teach your kids about how crackers pollute the environment and how to help to keep our surroundings clean.
What's your take on raising responsible generation?
Have a very happy and safe Diwali!
Source of banner image: eltrivate.com
Also Read: Diwali is Incomplete Without These Things..
Explore the entire collection of articles: Diwali
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage.
#Diwali2017 #Diwalisafety #DiwaliwithFamily #Diwalirecipe #Diwalicelebrations