Make a Pet Starfish!
By the age of 5, your kid can start learning concepts in art and craft very easily. This is the perfect time to put to use your child’s learning ability and knowledge of animal names.
- Starfish template
- 1 small piece of recycled cardboard
- 2 googly eyes
- 15 wooden beads
- Water colors- yellow or any of your kiddo’s choice
- Golden glitter Powder
- A pencil
- A pair of scissors (caution: Do not leave your child unsupervised when using scissors)
- Take the recycled cardboard and using the template, trace a starfish onto it. You could hold your child’s hand as you help him/her trace
- Cut it out with the help of the scissors.This step must be preferably done by an adult.
- Now, make your starfish more animated by bending the arms slightly upwards
- Paint it on both sides. You could place on a newspaper and ask Jr. to paint it.
- Sprinkle some golden glitter over it. Again, kids will enjoy doing this.
- Paste the googly eyes on one side of the starfish. Doesn’t everyone love this about craft?
- Now, it’s the turn of the wooden beads. Paste all the beads with the help of glue at the back of starfish.Again, ask your kid to do it.
- Wait for the glue to dry. Your beaded starfish is ready.
- Try making another in any other color.
For more fun, add all the starfishes to an octopus garden. Enjoy the quality time spent with your child!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Early Learning & Brain Development
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on you lifestage.
#diymom #diyactivities #toddleractivities