Make Your Christmas Colourful With A Rainbow In Your Cake
This my humble attempt at making a Rainbow cake for BabyChakra CEO Naiyya Saggi's birthday. Though I am still learning to make cream frosting, I tried. No harm right?
When you slice this rainbow cake open, you get layers of strawberry , pineapple and kiwi flavour . So technically, it doesn't have seven colours, but it is colourful nonetheless and will brighten up your Christmas.
Maida - 1.5 cups
Eggs - 4
Vanilla essence , strawberry essence , pineapple essence
Baking soda - 2.5 tsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Milk 1.5 cups
Refined oil / unsalted butter - 1.5 cups
Yogurt ½ cup
Whipping cream- one packet
Food colour - yellow , green and hot pink
Strawberry, kiwi and pineapple crush - if available
You may choose colours and flavours of your choice, just change the essence accordingly
Sieve the Maida and divide it into three parts. Divide the rest of the dry ingredients into 3 parts as well.
Mix Maida, baking powder, baking soda and powdered sugar into three bowls.
- Whisk egg and butter in a big bowl and add into the bowls containing the dry mixture. Now add milk, a particular essence and colour to each bowl to get three different-coloured mixtures. For example, if you making strawberry base, add strawberry essence and pink colour. Same goes for other flavours
- Bake at 190 degrees for 25 mins or as per your microwave convection settings.
- Once the three bases are ready, with a knife remove a little brown crust from the top
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream for couple of mins until desired consistency
- Now place the kiwi base, add some kiwi crush on top then layer the cream with a palette knife
- Layer the other bases on top using the same method
- On top, add more whipped cream and level it up
Cut and serve. You may also add fresh fruits as per liking. Enjoy! :)
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe