Millet Daliya Recipe: Nutritious and Healthy Food for Your Baby
Millet is high in minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. They are highly nutritious and non-glutinous and not acid forming foods. Hence they are soothing and easy to digest. It is least allergenic and most digestible grains available. As it is easily digestible, millets can be offered to infants once they complete six months of age.
When you start weaning your little one all you think about is giving them nutritious food. Being a new parent you will be on a hunt for quick to make recipes.
Any Millets of your choice (I used Little millet)
Pepper powder/curry leaves powder- For seasoning
Salt to taste (If baby is above 1 year of age)
Ghee- 1 tsp
- Roast 1 cup of millet on a medium flame until they turn golden brown.
- Allow the roasted millet to cool down completely and grind it to a fine powder. Store the powder in an air tight container.
- In a bowl, take 1 tbsp powder and 1 cup water and mix well without lumps.
- Place the bowl on low heat and stir continuously until the mixture boils and thickens to a porridge consistency.
- Season the porridge with pepper powder, salt and ghee.
Also Read - Weaning Foods: Papaya Porridge for Babies
Explore the entire collection of articles: Baby Foods#recipe #homemadefood #healthyfoodrecipe