Zero Pectin Strawberry Jam Recipe
The other day I had a fellow mum ask me to upload an easy to make strawberry jam recipe after reading the post on the carrot jam. That's when I realised, how on earth did it not occur to me to make some strawberry jam? Especially since they're in season. So thank you Shilpa Sharma. This one's for you.
The jam was super easy to make and there was no need to add any pectin to it either. I personally like the natural, preserve like texture, so not adding the pectin worked just fine for me. It turned out to be all too delicious and T couldn't wait to lap up the 'daam' off the roti!
Since, there are no preservatives added to this jam I'd recommend quick consumption.
Here's what you will need:
1. 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut
2. 1/4 cup castor sugar
3. 1/2 vanilla pod, scraped (optional)
4. 3 tablespoon of water
1. Hull and chop the fresh strawberries in a bowl
2. Cover them with the sugar and water and let them stand at room temperature for about an hour till the juices are released
3. Cook on medium heat for about 15-20 mins constantly stirring until the mix turns syrupy and looks glazed
4. Remove from the heat and let it cool
5. Consume immediately or store in a mason jar. Don't forget to pop it in the refrigerator, but consume within two days
6. This jam will go really well on toast, breadsticks, chapatis, lavash and anything that you may think of.
Also try out other strawberry recipes this season: Real Strawberry Pops!, Strawberry Coulis Cupcakes, No Bake Strawberry Crumble, Totally Natural Strawberry Iced Tea, Brekkie Option: Strawberry vanilla porridge, Strawberry Lolly
Read More On Baby