Soya Masala Rice: A Perfect Sunday Lunch
Soybeans are a complete protein food rich. A 3.5-ounce serving of soya chunks contains over 54 grams of protein. This is more than the same serving size of meat and eggs.
I keep trying some interesting recipes to ensure a healthy diet for the complete family!
Here’s the recipe of Soya Masala Rice which is loved by my family a lot:
Soya chunks - 1 cup (soaked)
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Bay Leaves / Ramba Ilai / Biryani leaf – 3 pieces
Onions – 1 large sliced thinly
Green Chillies – 2 slit
Tomatoes – 1 large chopped finely
Potatoes diced - 1 large
Green peas a fistful
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger – 3 cm piece
Garlic – 4 cloves peeled
1) Wash and soak rice in lots of water for 30 mins. Take the grinding ingredients in a blender and make it into a smooth paste.
2) Heat oil and 1 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker. Add in bay leaves and fry for 30 sec.
3) Add in the sliced onions and saute till it is brown.
4) Add in green chilies and ground masala and saute for 2 mins till the raw smell leaves from it.
5) Add in tomatoes and cook for 2 mins or so. Add Turmeric powder,red chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and coriander powder.
6) Add in chopped potatoes, peas, soya chunks, and toss well in the masala. Add in soaked, drained rice and mix well.
7) Bring this to boil, simmer the stove and pressure cook for 15 mins. Switch off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
8) Carefully open the cooker. Now heat 1 tbsp of ghee and fry cashews till it golden, pour this ghee and cashews over the rice and mix well.
Ready to serve!
Also Read - Instant Oats Dosa Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
#recipe #healthyrecipe #ricerecipe