The Healthy Strawberry Crumble recipe consists essentially of three layers
For the bottom base layer, you will need:
1. Digestive or glucose biscuits
2. Melted ghee or butter
3. A pinch of salt
4. A pinch of sugar
5. Make a semi fine crumble out of the biscuits. Let some small chunky bits remain. Mix the salt and sugar and the melted ghee to this
6. Take a transparent serving bowl (only because it looks so pretty) and press the biscuit mix to the base
7. Set aside
For the middle Jam layer:
3. Please refer to my previous post on the Pectin Free Strawberry Jam. However you need not make the jam too thick. You can bring it to the boil and cook it until it only just slightly thickens.
4. Let the Jam cool before pouring it onto the biscuit layer. Once you have poured it on top of the biscuit layer, pop it in the refrigerator to further cool.
Tip: To add some body to the jam you could add an apple or even a pear to the strawberries
For the top whipped cream layer:
1. Whipping cream (heavy or light)
2. Icing sugar
3. Vanilla essence or paste
4. Whip the cream adding the icing sugar and the vanilla paste. Do not over whip, for the cream can split. Stop whipping when you are able to make medium peaks.
5. Once the strawberry jam layer has completely cooled down, top it off with the whipped cream and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to eat it!!
Please note: I have not given portions since the quantity of ingredients you use will depend on the serving bowl as well as how thick or thin you want to go with each layer.
Also try out other strawberry recipes this season: Real Strawberry Pops!, Strawberry Coulis Cupcakes, Totally Natural Strawberry Iced Tea, Brekkie Option: Strawberry vanilla porridge, Strawberry Lolly, Zero Pectin Strawberry Jam