Want to wean your baby? Start with this healthy multigrain pongal recipe:
Arhar, Masoor and Urad dal- 1 Tbsp each
(You can add sabodana or oatmeal as per your preferences)
Rice - 2 Tbsp
Ghee/Butter - 1 Tsp
Freshly ground jeera -1/2 tsp
Freshly ground pepper - 1/2 tsp
A pinch of Turmeric powder
A handful of curry leaves
1. Soak rice and dal (all) for 20 minutes
2. In a pressure cooker, melt ghee and temper the curry leaves, jeera, pepper and Turmeric powder.
3. Drain the water from the rice and dal and add it in the cooker.. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Add about 6 tbsp of water and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 whistles.
5. Serve with a tsp of ghee and some powdered pepper (optional) on top.
I gave this pongal to my baby when he was 7 months old and he still likes to eat it often.
Disclaimer: The information in the article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice Always seek the advice of your pediatrician, before starting any food with your baby.
Also Read - Homemade Instant Daliya Mix Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Baby Foods#weaningfood #recipe #babyfood