Veggie Twist In Rice Flour Roti
Many parents complain that their little one hates rice and it takes all the tricks in the world to add rice to their diet. But carbohydrates are equally important for a balanced, healthy diet. When I was thinking about how to work around to make it tasty as well as nutritious this recipe came up.
A quick and delicious recipe to all those picky eaters out there. This can be used as a finger food as well. It will be soft in the gums so they can easily chew them even without teeth.
Rice flour 1 Cup
Wheat flour 1/4 Cup
Cumin- A pinch
Any desired veggies (grated)
Salt to taste (you can avoid salt of the baby is below 2 years of age)
I generally use radish, carrot, beetroot, potato. If you have a picky eater at home who hates vegetables, then this recipe is your savior. They can never know that the roti has a vegetable stuffing.
- In a bowl just soak cumin and grated veggie for 2 minutes
- Add the rice flour and wheat flour and mix well into a batter.
- Batter should be in a spreading consistency on the tava (it should not be very runny like dosa batter).
- You can either directly spread the batter on the tava once it heats up (if you are comfortable) or wet a new handkerchief/muslin cloth and spread a thin layer on the cloth and transfer it onto the tava.
- Once the roti sticks to the tava u can pull off the cloth.
- Lastly, add little ghee and serve.
Also read: A Shirt That Can be Eaten!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe#Riceflourroti #Recipe #Akkiroti