Instant Dahi Vada Recipe
Dahi Vadas are a favorite when it comes to festivals or treating your guests with something that is chatpata. They are traditionally made with soaking pulses for hours and then grinding them in a blender.
Here's an instant Dahi Vada recipe which is easy to prepare, less time consuming and yummy!!
Ingredients (For 15 Vadas)
1 cup or katori Sooji
1/2 cup Curd
1 tsp Salt
1 Green Chilli finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Finely chopped Ginger
Oil for frying & little water
For final presentation
2 cups beaten curd with salt and little sugar to taste.
Red chilli powder, dhaniya Patti and chatni for garnish. If you don't have green and red chutney make a mix with tomato sauce and chilli sauce and use it.
- Take sooji in a bowl and mix curd in it well to make a batter which is neither flowy nor too thick. Add salt, pepper powder, green chillies and ginger to it and mix well. Let this rest for 20 minutes for sooji to get soaked. If needed you can add little water too.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when medium hot wet your hands and take little potions and fry; vadas on medium heat till golden brown. Don't worry about the shape. It can be round balls too.
- Keep a bowl filled with water ready and as soon as all vadas are friend and hot put them in water. Quickly press them to strain extra water and put on a serving plate.
- Now on this add the beaten creamy dahi, garnish with chilli powder, chatnis and dhaniya Patti.
- Make the batter carefully. If runny you won't be able to fry and if thick vadas will be hard.
- Fry on medium heat and make small balls. Put hot vadas in water, let them soak for 10 seconds and press them lightly to drain excess water.
- For garnish you can also use sev and boondi.
These vadas are super tasty, easy to make, less time consuming and even light.
I had made yesterday but forgot to take a picture. But they look same.
Image Source : Internet
Also read: Green Peas Spread
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe#Festivalfood #Recipe