Sabudana Kheer Recipe, with a twist!
I am not a big fan of Sabudana kheer so I tried a different recipe, which is tasty and healthy too.
The variety comes with mango in the kheer.
Here’s the recipe:
- Sabudana/ Sago – 1 Cup
- Full Fat Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1 Cup;
- Cardamom Powder – 1 Tsp
- Saffron- a pinch
- Ripe Mango – 2 Pureed
- Ripe Mango – 1 chopped finely
- Take sago in a bowl, soak it in water for 15 mins. Now drain it and add it in a pressure cooker, cover with water and cook for 1 whistle.
- Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself. Open the cooker, drain it and rinse it with lots of cold water, set aside.
- Take sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, simmer and cook till it reduces a little.
- Now, add in the drained sago and cook for a few more minutes.
- Take it off the heat and add cardamom powder and saffron. Mix well.
- Pour this in a bowl and chill till it is cold. (It will thicken a lot.)
- Now take mango in a blender and make a smooth puree. Add this into the cold kheer and some chopped mangoes as well. Mix well
Serve it cold.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
#recipe #festivefood #navratrirecipe #navratrikenaudin #vratkakhaana