Traditional Recipe To Make Spongy Rice Dhokla
Dhokla is one of my favourite breakfast. It is light and fluffy and perfect for summers...
You can try this recipe for outings, tiffins, snacks or breakfast.
- 1 ½ cup rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1 Tsp oil
- 1 Tsp eno
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder
- Roasted cumin powder
- Black pepper powder
- For tempering
- Mustard seed Oil
- Meetha Neem or curry leaves
- Soak rice and dal separately for few hours.
- Drain the water and grind rice in the processor until it becomes paste and take it out in a big bowl.
- Now grind the dal and add water, only if required
- Pour it into same bowl with rice and mix well
- Add yoghurt, salt and ferment overnight.
- Next day, Before making, add oil and mix well.
- Grease a plate and put steamer on gas.
- Mix eno, water and pour the batter in greased tray.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, cumin powder, Black pepper powder and steam it for 10 mins or till toothpick comes out clear.
- Pour tempering and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe