Dessert Time: Homemade Banana Barfi
I gave it a try to make this “banana barfi” - it is one of the most tastiest sweet dish made with ripe bananas, coconut and khoya.
This barfi consists several nutritional values and is also allowed to be eaten while fasting (vrat).
- 5-6 big ripe bananas (fully prepared)
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 2-1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp khoya
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1-1/2 cups grated coconut
- Few almonds thinly chopped
- Few walnuts chopped
- A pinch of salt ( if fasting use - rock salt)
- Remove the skin of ripe bananas and mash them with the meshed.
- Bring the milk to few boils and add mashed banana, salt, sugar, khoya, cream and butter.
- Mix very well and stir continue until mixture becomes thick and little brown in color.
- Add grated coconut, cardamoms and chopped nuts.
- Stir for few more minutes on sim heat.
- On the other side, take a big plate with sides and grease with little amount of butter.
- Turn the gas off and transfer the barfi mixture on to a greasy plate.
- Spread the mixture and make a thickness of about 3/4 inch.
- Leave for few minutes until it sets.
- Cut into desired shapes and pieces and serve.
You can store this delicious banana barfi for few days in an airtight container for 3-4 days
Also read: Healthy Nutty Banana Lassi Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe