Snack Alert: Mushroom And Rajgira Canapes
Mushroom and Rajgira Canapes was actually an accidental recipe. I was trying out something with a base of Rajgira but the earthy flavour was too strong and that's when I made a quick dough and boom came this interesting recipe of Mushroom and Rajgira Canapes.
For my seven year old, it serves as a small pizza and he loved it to an extend that wanted to carry next day to school. While I added cheese over this, for my husband I completely skipped it but still it tasted nice. So, if you want to give it like a small pizza bite, adding cheese does the trick to otherwise healthy bite.
- Rajgira Flour: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: as per taste
- Mushrooms: 1 cup sliced
- Onions: 1/2 cup sliced
- Garlic: 2 tsp chopped
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Mixed herbs: 1/4 tsp
- Cheese: 1 tsp grated (optional)
- Tomato Puree: 2 tbsp
- Coriander sticks: 1 tbsp chopped
- Jaggery : 1 tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Knead Rajgira flour, oil, salt, baking powder, red chilli powder with some water and make a dough.\
- Roll out the dough in a 1cm thick roti and with a cookie cutter cut small shapes and smear some oil over it.
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees and then bake these for 10 mins one side and then flip.
- Grill them a bit to turn them little crunchy and keep aside.
- Heat oil again and saute garlic and coriander sticks.
- Next add tomatoes and cook till done and add salt, black pepper, jaggery and mixed herbs.
- Cool it and make a fine paste of this.
- Now heat little oil and saute garlic and onions too.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper till they are cooked.
- Now take the rajgira canapes, spread the tomato paste, add the mushrooms and grated a bit of cheese.
- Bake this for 3 - 5 mins and serve hot to your guests.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe