Vegetable Momos: Steamed Or Fried?
- 2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt per taste
- Finely chopped or grated cabbage, carrot & green chilli and ginger
- French beans (optional)
- Grated onions
- Chopped garlic and coriander
- Soya sauce ( as per vegetables quantity)
- Pepper powder
For Dough -
- Take maida, salt, oil in a bowl and mix well
- Add water and knead to a firm dough.
- Cover the dough And keep aside for 30 mins.
For Stuffing -
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan
- Add garlic and saute it
- Add onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Add all finely chopped vegetables
- Cook well for 5 to 7 mins
- Add soya sauce, salt & pepper
- Mix well and cook for 3 mins again
- Add spring onion
The stuffing is ready. Let it cool down completely
For Steamed Momos -
- Take small balls from dough and make poori.. (The edges have to be thin & center have to be thick).
- Apply water with your finger tip towards the circumference
- Place vegetables stuffing in center and make shape like potli or like kachori
- You can give your desired shape, pack them nicely, then keep under moist napkins for 10 min.
- Apply oil in steamer & then keep momos, keeping some distance between placements.
- Steam the momos for 5 to 6 minutes.in steamer
- Check the momos (Tip : if dough is not sticky, then its ready. Otherwise, cook for some more time but don’t overcook
If you don’t like steaming, you can also fry them and the taste is great.
For Fried Momos -
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Deep fry all momos for 6 to 7 min.or when fried light golden.
Serve these with schezwan chutney or tomato sauce, or chilli garlic chutney.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe
#funrecipes #recipe #snackrecipe