Beat The Heat And Stay Cool In The Summer
Summer season is on its way- skin eruption, sweating body, dehydration are common problems that summers bring along and we all have to deal with summer blues.
Here are some of the tips to stay cool in summers:
- Drink enough water; at least 2 litres of water in a day. Carry a bottle of water when going outdoors, keep yourself hydrated.
- Coconut water, vegetable and fruit juices should be consumed often.
- Load up on water-rich fruits like watermelon, pears, apples, plums, berries and prunes.
- Eat heat- killing vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cucumber.
Avoid foods that produce heat in your body like -sour fruits and oily food.
- Eat healthy salads, as they are cooling, especially when eaten for lunch.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables to reduce the heat from your body.
- Never miss your lunch during summers as it can upset your stomach that further makes you feel irritated and cranky.
- Bring sandalwood, jasmine and khus oils to your rescue as they have a soothing aroma and cooling properties.
- It is best to exercise early in the morning as it is the coolest part of the day.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, with UVA and UVB ray protection, before you plan to step outdoors.
- Wear wide hat and sunglasses when outdoors , whenever possible.
- Avoid alcohol and opt for other cooler beverages instead
- Cold showers increase the blood flow and are best for cooling off after being outdoors for long.
- Chose Light colored clothes as they reflect heat
- Avoid wearing tight clothes as it restricts air circulation.
- Avoid being outdoors during the hottest hours of the day, i.e. 12 noon-3 pm. Relax, stay inside or under shade.
- In extreme cases of throbbing headaches, nausea, palpitations or vomiting sensation, start hydrating yourself as it may be heatstroke.
Let’s follow these tips to beat the scorching heat and stay safe!
Stay hydrated, stay cool.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Mom Health#momhealth #tips #momhacks