Hide Veggies In Paratha For Your Fussy Eaters
Ingredients (For 4-5 Paratha):
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1 chopped Green chilli (optional)
- 1 cup grated or finely chopped Vegetables(capsicum, carrots, cauliflower, paneer, potato, cabbage etc)
- 1/2 tsp Haldi powder
- Salt and Red chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Oil for cooking
For dough - Prepare it normally with the wheat flour. You may add little besan and oats for a healthier version.
- Heat oil in pan. When hot, add jeera and let it crackle. Then add garlic, ginger and saute a bit. Add onions and saute a bit. Keep it crunchy.
- Add all veggies and green chillies. Add all spices too and mix well. Let it be on simmer so that the water from the veggies dries up. Add fresh coriander and mix. Keep the filling aside to cool.
- Use this filling to make paratha. Try and keep it thin and crisp. The filling should be cold before using else paratha will turn soggy.
Serve it hot with curd, raita etc. You can also pack these in their tiffin. The filling can be made and stored in fridge overnight. You can make this filling with mushrooms, broccoli, olives and jalapenos too and add little cheese, pepper, oregano and just a dash of tomato puree for an Italian twist.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Tiffin Recipe: Beetroot & Moong Paratha
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers
#tastyrecipefortoddlers #recipe #toddlerfood #tiffinrecipe