Dhirde Rice Batter Pancakes Recipe
I've grown up eating Dhirde. These are traditional Maharashtrian rice batter pancakes. Mum used to make these for me just before I'd step out to play in the evenings. I remember gorging on them and refuelling for some serious playtime.
It's beautiful to see Trilok enjoying them as much as I did and I hope these make it to his top list of snacks.
Dhirdes are loved by us for several reasons, for one is how crisp they get, their netted look and last but not the least for how yummy they are.
Here's what you will need:
1. Rice flour roughly 4 tbsp
2. Gram Flour/Besan, 1 tsp
3. Semolina/Rawa, 1 tsp
4. 1 Small onion, finely chopped
5. Small amount of coriander, finely chopped
6. A pinch of cumin seeds
7. Salt, to taste
8. A pinch of asafoetida
9. A few torn curry leaves
10. Water, enough to make a runny thin batter
11. Ghee or oil for pan frying (I've used ghee)
Read More On Baby