Expecting moms tend to spend a lot of time reading about different things they can do during pregnancy to benefit the baby. Often, all the literature surrounding this topic can get somewhat overwhelming and confusing. The following is an excerpt from ‘Birthing Naturally’ by Dr Mahima Bakshi that discusses one very simple idea that will definitely have a positive impact on your baby’s development - making life more colorful! Read on to learn the different ways in which you can incorporate more color into your daily life and how that helps your growing baby.
The following extract has been excerpted with permission from Penguin Random House India.
Colour therapy has been proven to be beneficial in various treatment plans. Imagine if everything around us was just in shades of black. What impact would it have on us? We need light to enjoy colours around us. Nice bright colours can elevate our mood while the dull ones can keep us cold at heart. Now do you understand why playschools’ classrooms are so vibrant and colourful? Babies get bored pretty fast. Exposing them to different bright colours keeps them excited, happy and joyful.
Introducing Colours to Your Baby
• Try to play with lots of colours. Use crayons and make some paintings. It’s an excellent way to ensure relaxation of your mind as well. It helps in reducing your anxieties and fears about childbirth, if any.
• Towards the end of your second trimester, you may even enrol for art classes once or twice a week.
• Wear colourful clothes.
• Choose a different colour each day.
• The whole week can be divided into the seven rainbow colours.
• Stay bright and chirpy during pregnancy.
The colours you choose to wear can also affect your mood—bright colours keep mood swings away.
Eating Colourful Food
• Add a lot of colourful items to your bowl of salad and fruits.
• Add yellow, green or red pepper, broccoli, corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, lettuce, kiwi, oranges, lemon and apples to your daily bowl of antioxidants. However, do not get too carried away and drink colourful, aerated drinks as they contain a high level of sugar.
Thus, there are several easy steps you can take to keep yourself happy and surrounded by color during all three trimesters. Your positivity is sure to be carried through to your baby as well, and help them interact with the world around them and be more responsive.
#pregnancymustknow #happypregnancy #prrgnancymustknows #pregnancymustknow #happypregnancy #prrgnancymustknows