Dessert Alert: Mixed Berry Cake
Berries are not know as super food for nothing. Raspberry, cranberry, blueberry, cherries etc have amazing health benefits. Loaded with fibre and antioxidants, they are anti cancerous, good for memory, good for digestive system and also reduce bad cholesterol.
The best way to consume them is just like that but for kids one has to make it special!
So, I made this mix berries cake.
Ingredients (For 10-15 medium size pieces)
- 1 cup Maida
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Chopped Mixed Berries
- 1 tsp each Baking powder and Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 cup Powdered sugar or castor sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Honey
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Mix vinegar in milk and keep it aside for 5-10 minutes. In a bowl, combine sugar and oil and beat it with a whisk so as to dissolve sugar. Add vanilla essence and honey and give a mix.
- Now, over the same bowl first sieve all the dry ingredients as in maida, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and then add salt and give a light mix. Now add oats, berries, vinegar milk, oil (which has vanilla essence, honey and sugar mix) and with light hand fold everything. Add more milk if you want. The mix should not be very thick.
- You can bake this as a cake in a greased tin or as muffins by filling them 2/3rd at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes while checking in between.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers
#Recipe #Cakerecipe #Tiffinrecipe #tastyrecipesfortoddlers