Naturally Fresh Smelling Home, Anyone
We all love places which smell nice. Do you remember coming home to a tray of freshly baked cookies and the whole house smelling of vanilla and melting chocolate? Or walking into a spa and instantly feeling fresh and relaxed? Or a restaurant smelling of garlic and pepper and caramel and custards?
Same with our home. A nice smelling home welcomes you with open arms, drawing you in with its warmth and fragrance. Apart from love and the people in it, a home can be made more inviting by some pretty easy, natural methods.
Instead of spending money on artificial air fresheners and deodorants full of harmful chemicals, you can choose the mood and fragrance for your home depending on what time of the day or night it is and which space of your house you want to brighten up.
To keep your house smelling fresh and inviting all the time you would just need a few basic things like a diffuser, some natural wax candles, a spray bottle and some essential oils depending on your choice of fragrances. Below are some quick and easy tricks to get start right away.
1. Fill a spray bottle with some water, add a few drops of lime or lemon essential oil and have your home perk up with that zesty, citrusy fragrance we all love.
2. If you want to calm yourself at the end of the day, add some drops of lavender essential oil to a diffuser and feel your frayed nerves ease away.
3. Adding a few orange or lemon peels to your garbage can will take off the offensive smell of last night's dinner from it.
4. Put a drop of essential oil on bulbs when they are off. Once they are lit, the bulb will emit the fragrance of the essential oil freshening up your surroundings instantly.
5. For a good night's sleep, add a few drops of lavender or chamomile essential oil on your pillowcase and get transported to la la land.
6. Freshen up a musty smelling car with a handkerchief or napkin sprinkled with 10 drops of essential oil of your choice.
7. Freshen up your bathrooms with lemongrass essential oil, a fragrance often used in spas.
8. Baking soda mixed with some drops of essential oils and sprinkled over carpets can remove their musty odour and leave them smelling fresh.
9. Natural wax candles infused with essential oils are readily available if you do want the bother of finding essential oils. Just burn them and see your house fill with fragrance in no time. Candles also give a warm romantic glow to your home in addition to their fragrance.
10. In winters, to give your home a warm, inviting smell, boil a pot of water with your favourite spices, herbs and slices of lemon or orange and set it on a low fire. Then get ready to receive compliments on how wonderful your house smells.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Home Remedies#homeremedies
Read More On Baby