Recipe: Indori Poha
Indore and poha jalebi are synonyms of each other. So here is my recipe of indori poha.
All you need:
- Poha (250 gm)
- Onion (2 medium sized)
- Green chili (1)
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Chat masala
- Turmeric powder
- Jeeravan powder
- Coriander leaves
- Wash the poha twice with water and then put water in poha third time and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Strain water after that.
- Put some turmeric powder, 4-5 spoons of sugar and some salt in poha you strained. Leave it to absorb.
- In a pan, put a spoonful of oil, let it heat. Put some cumin seeds. Curry leaves and mustard seeds till they splutter. Put chopped green chilies and let them sizzle.
- Put chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Put some turmeric powder and salt in onions.
(Salt and turmeric powder are to be added in strained poha and onions according to their quantity.)
- Mix the poha and its prep and put it in pan on low flame.
- Put chat masala and jeeravan powder in it and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
If you want you may add potato, peas and peanuts also while cooking onions. Wait until they are sautéed and then follow the recipe.
You may put pomegranate seeds or diced onion too for garnish.