The Traditional Method Of Sterilization
Once we start with weaning there is an obvious need of sterilization. And if you are planning to use feeding bottles, then you may even start earlier. It ensures safety from germs around as babies have low immunity initially.
Nowadays sterilizers are available in the market and have manual with them. So they are easy to use. I am here to inform you about the traditional method. It involves only the stove in your kitchen.
- Take all parts of bottle individually/ bowls and spoons and put them in a vessel.
- Fill the vessel with water so that everything is immersed.
- Light the stove and let this system heat on low flame for 5-10 minutes and then 3-5 minutes on high flame.
- Turn off the stove and let everything cool down.
- With help on kitchen pincer, take out all sterilized things.
- Arrange them in a box or plate and keep them in the freezer.
- Before using them, take the parts of the bottle and assemble them, let it come to room temperature and then use.
- In case of bowl and spoon, I sterilize 7-8 pairs, so that there is no problem whole day. You need to bring them also to room temperature before use.
This method can’t be used for plastics.
You can sterilize nipple and guard cover of water sipper in the same way. Other plastic parts are to be washed with hot water.