Don't Let Dry Skin Dull Your Sunshine
If you have normal skin, great. But having oily and dry skin come with their own share of woes. Oily skin comes with acne, pimples and other such problems while dry skin is more prone to wrinkles, flaking and aging faster. Given a choice, its better to have dry skin compared to oily skin.
However with proper care and regimen, dry skin can be tackled and its damaging effects controlled to a large extent.
Here are some of the magical ingredients to pep up your dry skin.
1. Honey: Honey acts as a humectant, attracting moisture and sealing it in your skin. Use it with orange juice or curds to make a super moisturising pack for your face. Wash it after a few minutes to get super soft, supple skin.
2. Besan: Besan is a long known ingredient for smooth, soft skin. Mix it with a little turmeric and milk and apply. Wash off after 20 minutes for best results.
3. Chocolate: Chocolate not only moisturises, imparts glow, provides antioxidants to your skin but it also promotes production of collagen which lends your skin elasticity. Mix cocoa powder with honey and olive oil to make a luxurious, moisturizing facial mask. The effects will reflect in the compliments you get post using this one regularly.
4. Fruits: Bananas and Avacados are not inly good for your internal body but for your external body too. Mash a banana or scoop out pulp from an avacado, mix it with milk and honey and apply to face. A great mask for dry, peeling and scaling skin.
5. Coconut Oil: This oil is a magic potion for dry skin. It acts as a cleanser, moisturiser, restorer and healer. Use it all over your body before a shower and you won't need a moisturiser after your bath. Coconut oil protects against the sun, skin infections and also eradicates skin flaking.
Apart from these, keeping showers short, using soap free cleansers, drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fruits & vegetables will keep your skin hydrated well. So go on. Let your skin drink in all the moisture with the above tips and say goodbye to dry, parched skin.