Remedies To Boost Breastmilk Supply
After giving birth to a baby, the next journey a mom starts is nursing the baby. I was aware but ignorant of the fact that my baby will depend solely on me for his nutrition and growth. Maybe it was my ignorance or my body had to react this way or some ‘chemical locha’ you may say, my body did not produce milk/ colostrums for three days.
I had to put many efforts to first have a supply and then maintain it. Obviously, my baby was fed with formula milk meanwhile. Some of the things that worked for me are:
- Cumin seeds/ jeera in whatever I eat. It works wonderfully for milk supply. I even took a spoonful with water.
- Sua saunf kept in water for an hour or two. Sieve it and warm it and drink the water once a day.
- Daliya is most beneficial for moms. (add a lot of jeera)
- Spinach and fenugreek in the diet.
- Green dal is a must.
- Sponge gourd (turai/gilki), bottle gourd (lauki)
- Drinking a lot of water
- Shatavari powder
- Lactonic powder in milk
- Unripe papaya
- Almond milk
One myth that floats around is about the restriction of many food items. Nut anything that makes a mom happy or de-stresses her, helps in good supply. Too much of ghee is added in post-pregnancy diet, which should be avoided. Milk supply works on supply on demand and another important thing is mindset of the mother. If you are stressing too much or are worried most of the time, then there will always be low supply. A happy mother is able to breastfeed more effectively.
Many moms choose hard way and pump every 2 to 2.5 hours. This is also one of the methods to establish a good supply.
Stay happy and you shall see the difference instantly.