Why Avocado Is A Must For Your Baby
Avocado is one of the most nutritious fruits and is loaded with goodness. It contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, potassium, folate and is high in good fat, that lowers cholesterol. It aids a baby’s mental and physical growth. As it has a lot of calories, it is recommended to give a smaller serving size to babies.
General health benefits:
- Reduces the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- Promotes healthy complexion and hair
- Increases energy
- Improves digestion
- Protection against cancer
- Lowers risk of depression
Super food for babies
It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which boosts the overall health of kids. It is highly recommended in the diets of young and growing children. It has a great texture and taste and can be mashed easily. Its taste is not overpowering and as it adapts to different flavors easily, so many combinations with other food items can be made. Some of the easy preparations are:
- Pit the avocado and add any one or two fruits (apple, banana, berries, pear) and mash/ grind them together.
- You can add potato, sweet potato, broccoli to it.
- It can be blended with yogurt.
- Mix it with the required amount of milk to make avocado cereal.
- Always choose ripe fruit.
- Choose the dark green color and bit bumpy texture.
- Offer small servings.