Five Ways To Celebrate Independence Day Outside India
August 15th is a day of pride for Indians all over the world and even if you don't have the luxury of being in the homeland on this momentous day, you can still get your jai hind on in cities around the world! Here's how:
1. Make your own tiranga: Start the day with a family art project in which everyone gets to make their own tri-colored flag. Bonus points for anyone who knows what each of the colors stands for!
2. Watch a film about India's past: Gandhi or Earth 1947, amongst others, are great options, both offering glimpses into different aspects of the country's path to Independence.
3. Have a music party: Introduce your kids to patriotic songs like Rahman's "Maa Tujhe Salaam" or Lata Mangeshkar's iconic " Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo', mixed in with all the latest Bollywood tunes!
4. Seek out your local parade: If you live in a major international city, chances are your local Indian community is organising a meet-up. See if you can find it or better still, organize your own!
5. Eat Indian food! Whether you decide to eat out or cook it yourself, treat yourself to a feast of all your favorite Indian recipes, because nothing screams "Mera Bharat Mahaan" like our cuisine! Don't forget dessert!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Love for India
If you are reading this article on our website and have an Android phone, please download our APP here for a more personalised experience based on your lifestage
Source for banner image: newindianexpress.com