1. Roti with jaggery and ghee is rich in iron and minerals and a quick go-to snack for the long ride back home or post a sports class.
2. Homemade laddoos containing aliv (garden cress seeds), jaggery and coconut keep the mood swings at bay and ensure that the energy levels don’t drop.
3. Banana is great even on days your child feels like skipping lunch in school. The fruit contains enough nutrients to equip your kid for the long day.
4. Nimbu sherbet with a little ginger, Kesar (saffron) and black pepper is great for the stomach. It also works as an antidote to indigestion and fatigue that are caused by dehydration.
5. Homemade chakli, mathri and chivda are healthy options that leave your child well nourished for all the daily tasks.
Also read: Quick Snack Box ideas for Kids