Trianga Pulav Wonder
1. Brown Rice – 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 (chopped)
3. Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
4. Small green Chili – 1 (optional)
5. Carrot - 2 (peeled and cut into small cubes)
6. Green peas - 3/4 cup (fresh or frozen)
7. Water - 3 cups
8. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
9. Oil – 1 tsp
10. Whole garam masala - 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 3 cardamom
11. Salt – use minimum to taste
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or pressure cooker. Add the cumin seeds and the whole spices.
2. After sauteing for a minute, add the onions, green chili and ginger garlic paste.
3. Saute for a minute and add the vegetables.
4. After about a minute add the rice.
5. Saute for another 2 minutes so that the oil coats the vegetables and rice evenly.
6. Now add the water and required salt.
7. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and cover with a lid.
8. If using a pressure cooker, cook for about 10 minutes. If you are using a normal pot, cook for about 20-25 minutes till all the moisture is absorbed and the rice is cooked soft.
9. Fluff with a fork and serve.
• This dish needs no garnishing at all.
• It looks so pretty and colorful as it is.