Recipe: Misthi Doi
Mishti Doi is one of the most famous desserts in West Bengal. Basically, it's sweet curd and is super easy to make at home. This is a dish that kids will love too.
- Condensed Milk - 400 grams
- Plain Curd - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Almonds - 10 (blanched and slivered)
- Pistachios - 15 (blanched and slivered)
- Whisk the curd in a bowl. Add condensed milk and whisk again. Now pour the milk in this mixture and whisk till it’s blended well.
- Add the almonds and pistachios now.
- Transfer the mixture into another bowl and cover it with an aluminum foil.
- Place a steamer on high heat and pour in 2 cups water. When the water begins to boil, put the vessel with the milk mixture in the steamer. Cover with the lid and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, remove the aluminum foil and let it cool down to room temperature. Keep the Mishti Doi in the refrigerator to chill. Cut it into pieces and serve.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.